Friday, July 16, 2010

1st Post

Well, I'm not 100% why I've decided to start blogging on Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), but I think it has a lot to do an interview that I watched today between Ariel Helwani and Joe Rogan. Listening to Rogan talk about his job and his views on the sport really got my attention due to his sheer love of the sport. He's not in it for the money or the recognition, instead he is doing it because he is a huge fan of the sport. I really admire his desire to not only see the sport continue flourish, but to see it flourish in an environment that is supported by the fans. The fans are the people who can really ensure that the sport stays on the right track and can get involved by learning the intricacies of the the fighting styles, getting into reffing and judging, etc. I guess what I'm hoping to do here is nothing special or out of the ordinary as I want to give my thoughts on what's going on in the MMA, but if I can get convince one more person to sit down and watch some fights, I'll feel like I accomplished something.

No comments:

Post a Comment