Thursday, August 5, 2010

MMA In DelaWhere? Support Local MMA

After surviving the two day hell that is the Virginia Bar Exam I headed home to the beaches of Delaware to take a little vacation time and to see some family and friends. When driving to Ocean City, Maryland last weekend I heard an advertisement for cage fights that were going down in Ocean City at the Convention Center. I was pretty excited to hear this, but soon realized that the fights were the following night and I had already made plans that I couldn't break. Thankfully, my disappointment was relieved when I heard ANOTHER advertisement for MMA fights to be held in the town that neighbors my hometown! Primal Fights 5 will be held at the Georgetown Fire Department on August 14th. I checked out the promotion's website which gave a listing of the night's fights as well as a place to order tickets.

Most of the guys on the card only have one or two fights on their records, and some of them will be making their fight debuts on the 14th, Nevertheless, I can't pass up the chance to go check these out. I'm not sure whether we'll see any future UFC stars in the making, but I don't know how any MMA fan could pass up the chance to see some fights for 20 bucks, especially when the event is 10 minutes away. I can only hope this is the beginning of more local MMA in Delmarva as well as maybe spreading to areas over the Bay Bridge like Annapolis, Baltimore, and the DC area. Support local MMA and give the sport the legitimacy it deserves!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had gone to those fights. You should submit reviews to local newspapers and advertise your blog at the end

    ReplyDelete